Great Books on FilmmakingSeptember 11, 2011
Yes, in the age of the internet it’s hard to believe, but books can be very valuable too. I just finished reading some fabulous books I can recommend to anyone interested in Filmmaking.
- The 5 C’s of Cinematography by Joseph V. Mascelli
- The Filmmakers Eye by Gustavo Mercado: Lots of info on cinematic composition
- In the Blink of an Eye by Walter Murch: Not just about editing, but about the whole philosophy of how directing film after it has been shot.
- Making Movies by Sidney Lumet: Great insight into the directors role in a feature production.
Also here are some more books I find worth mentioning:
- Directing the Story by Francis Glebas (Thanks Martin Lubich!)
- Film Directing Shot by Shot by Steven d. Katz
- Ideas for the animated Short by Sullivan/Alexander/Schumer
If you know of any good ones, let’s hear them!